Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thing 14

Discovery activities:
1. Take a look at Technorati and try doing a keyword search for “School Library Learning 2.0” in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory. Are the results different?

My search on Technorati was the same; zero found for School Library Learning 2.0 under blog posts, tags and in the blog directory. Perhaps I didn’t do this one correctly.


2. Explore popular blog, searches and tags. Is anything interesting or surprising in your results?

There are lots of entertainment and gossip blogs.


3. Create a blog post for Thing #14 and express your thoughts regarding how Technorati and its features could assist you. Since you have now looked at several tools that use tagging (Technorati, de.licio.us, & Flickr), add your thoughts about the value of tagging information.

Technorati can assist me a great deal personally but I'm not sure how much it could assist me in my Health Fitness classroom. Within my Health Fitness association this would be beneficial to share ideas to keep kids moving, since the goal in Health Fitness is have moderate to vigorous activity at least 50-100% of each class. Tags such as cardio, kids health and stretching would be beneficial tags to share.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how many people will read things about other people? I am always amazed at how we eat up information about celebrities. Ah, but anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself getting caught up in this world from time to time, especially about Lindsay Lohan. (not really)

    ReplyDelete