Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thing 9

I tried four search tools in Thing 9. Google Blog, Atomic Learning, TEchnorati and Edublogs. I searched three different topics related to my field, Physical Education. Two of the search tools took me on a wild goose chase with subscribing. It was frustrating not knowing if it was me or if it was the site. So, I stopped on those two. Google Blog was by far the easiest and gave me “bang for my buck”. Still, not much on Physical Education.

Edublogs was the most confusing and I never was able to do an appropriate search because of my subscribing issues.

The first blog I found and the only one by a PE teacher, was the most interesting and potentially useful. Makes me think I should start my own. Hmmmm can I make money off of this?

I searched TAHPERD, my state PE association, and the only blogs I found there were for vendors.

This concludes my adventures for Thing 9. I’m exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Wading through everything is exhausting! What I've found is that I follow a couple of blogs, then I see who they follow. Then I check them out and add them to mine, if I like it. If I don't, I move on. There is so much out there and it does take time to find your way. But keep it up! It can be very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete